Inadequate protection of historic buildings will be notified of criticism, Guangxi Housing and Construction Department speaks
Historical buildings are like the DNA of a city. Protecting them can protect the context of the city. On November 18th, a client reporter of the South China Morning Post learned from the Housing and Urban-Rural Development Office of the Autonomous Region that a conference on the delineation of historical and cultural districts and the determination of historical buildings in the region was held recently to urge all regions to accelerate the work, and to cities that do not advance. The housing construction department will conduct special inspections.
Three streets and two lanes of historical and cultural blocks. Photo by South China Morning Post client reporter Zou Cailin
According to relevant requirements, in 2020, the cities of Guangxi should complete the delineation of historical and cultural blocks and the determination of historical buildings. But at present, the work progress of individual cities in Guangxi has been seriously lagging behind.
The data shows that as of October 31, the census base of historical and cultural districts in Guangxi was 46 pieces, which was officially announced as 23 pieces; the census base of historical buildings was 582 places, and 318 places had been officially announced. Among them, in the process of delineating historical and cultural blocks, Nanning, Liuzhou, Beihai, and Hezhou have taken the lead in delineating and publishing all census historical and cultural blocks in accordance with the procedures, Fangchenggang, Guigang, Yulin, and Chongzuo. The number of historical and cultural districts in 4 county-level cities including Lipu City, Cenxi City, Heshan City, Beiliu City, Dongxing City, Guiping City, Jingxi City, and Pingxiang City is determined as "0". In terms of determining the progress of historical buildings, Beihai City, Guigang City, Laibin City, and Guiping City have taken the lead in completing the publication of all census historical buildings in the district. Fangchenggang City, Yulin City, Baise City, and Chongzuo City Districts and cities, as well as seven county-level cities including Lipu, Cenxi, Dongxing, Beiliu, Heshan, and Jingxi, announced the number of historic buildings as "0".
The Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the Autonomous Region stated that cities with outstanding issues in the delineation of historical and cultural districts and the identification of historical buildings will be subject to special inspections. Cities that have failed to advance their work, made slow progress, and concealed misreporting data will be notified and criticized.
- Digital Engineering Builds the Future City | Xinhua III Engineering Building Industry Digital Transformation Summit
- The most amazing building in China is called Linglong Water Tower. The whole building does not use a screw.
- Haikou Implements Compulsory Use System of Construction Waste Recycling Products
- How to deal with construction waste? Can waste concrete steel bars be reused?
- European architectural style. Have you noticed the following summary?
- Fences can't hide the ugliness, construction waste finally starts to be removed
- Inadequate protection of historic buildings will be notified of criticism, Guangxi Housing and Construction Department speaks
- Cultural relics away from "lighting up", but also "responsible guarding"